Nile Street Multimedia is an Articulate Storyline developer. We use Storyline in the creation of most of our eLearning training material.
The release of Articulate 360 has given us a broader range of tools than just Storyline 2, however we still find Storyline our main tool of choice whilst other tools in the Articulate suite do give additional options in particular situations.
In many cases we do complete online training solutions, however we do also produce standalone Storyline courses from material supplied by the client. Often this is supplied to us as a PowerPoint file and we convert this into a engaging and interactive learning Articulate Storyline course. We believe the more we can be involved in the elearning design the better the end result, but where in the development process we fit changes from client to client.
Articulate Storyline can produce a range of different output types.
- Publish to web. This can be used anywhere on the web. It can include html5 output which is useful for systems where Flash is not installed. It can also include an output suitable for a Storyline app. This can be incorporated in our hosted LMS (learning management system).
- Publish for Articulate Online. Courses published in this way can be published directly to Articulate Online. This is a hosted LMS offered by Articulate that integrates much better than traditional a LMS.
- Publish for LMS. These outputs can be SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, AICC or xAPI (formally TinCan) which should give you a format suitable to be loaded into your LMS.
- Publish to CD. This allows the course to be run as a standalone course without requiring a web server. It can be burnt to CD, saved to USB stick or saved on a local hard drive.
- With the release of Articulate 360 courses can be published to the Articulate 360 review system where stakeholders can review the course and attach comments as they work through the development cycle.
We have created projects where we do the entire initial project and then client has a copy of Articulate Storyline and the capacity to make modifications as small changes are required over time. For example questions can be reworded, added or deleted without referring back to us.
We still work with Articulate Storyline 2 for clients that internally have not upgraded to Articulate 360.
Want to see some examples? Unfortunately most often our projects are client confidential so have a look at the examples assembled on the Articulate site and that will give you an idea what is possible.
Please contact us for any more information about Articulate Storyline and the ways we might use it in the creation of material for your projects.